Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jeff Cup and races ahead

After racing a few races with the Cat 3 guys in the South, a very brutal race on the West Coast and some morning pathathlons on the way to work, I was looking forward to race in MABRA land again. I was very excited to race with Lindsay. Our new teammate, Ky, was unfortunately out of town.

The plan was to get Lindsay the pro qualifier for Nature Valley Grand Prix. After some super sloooow laps, some chasing, some neutralizing, and some more chasing, Lindsay crossed second the line and since the winner will not race Nature Valley, Lindsay is going! I am very proud of her! Congratulations!

I will cheer Lindsay on from Germany. While she will kick ass in Minnesota, I will race with a German team called Team Stuttgart for a month. This is my very first time racing in Europe. The only advantage I might have over my fellow American racers is that I understand what my competition will yell at me and I am not so sure if that’s an advantage. I hear it’s very aggressive racing on narrow cobble roads with constant attacking.

Until then, I am looking forward to race with my teammates along the East Coast.

1 comment:

  1. It was great racing with you and Lindsay today... my first 1,2,3 race! Congrats on racing in Europe. I hope to be there someday!

    ReplyDelete